Let’s be real: This isn’t a health blog. I personally believe everybody owns the right to enjoy whatever they like and water their tastebuds with what pleases them. But, and, however, I do think this Mediterranean Chicken Bowl is a tasty combination of food consciousness and, well, deliciousness.
I love a hot chicken dish any day of the year, but there’s something about a hot chicken bowl in the fall that makes it more of a comfort dish. It’s also one of the few dishes I’ve learned to make since I began living completely solo dolo for the first time in my life. Either way, it only takes about 35 minutes to make and I happily dig into the leftovers when my brain doesn’t feel like cooking or cleaning up after.
This may be a weird anecdotal insert for a food post, but I’ve recently stumbled into an intermittent fasting journey, and I’m honestly enjoying it to the point where I don’t think about food the same. Don’t get me wrong. I love a good, hearty meal, hands down. Now, I’ve found a new appreciation for making food when I do break down for some grub. An even bigger plus is that my fasting journey has let me focus more on other things I care about — like publishing posts on this blog I’ve been neglecting 😀 and other ventures in this current era of opportunity in my life.
- Medium pot
- Medium pan/skillet
- Large spoon
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
Mediterranean Chicken Bowl Instructions
- Mince parsley and set aside. Mince garlic cloves and add to pot on medium heat with 2 tbsp of butter.
- Once fragrant, add 1 and 1/12 cups of water and one tbsp of salt to the pot.
- Once boiling, add your rice and stir well. Bring heat to low and cover the pot for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and uncover to stir in two more tbsp of butter and minced parsley.
- Cover rice until ready to serve
- Pat dry chicken with a paper towel and season chicken on both sides with garlic powder, garlic salt, lemon pepper and paprika
- Add a few drops of olive oil to pan until hot
- Add the seasoned chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. Let it rest.
- Cut chicken across
- Chop the tomato into small to medium pieces
- Chop cucumber into thick semi-circles
- Season with salt
- Whip out your go-to bowl and add rice to one side
- Add seasoned veggies to the opposite side of the bowl
- Top rice and veggies with cut chicken
- Add a squeeze of lemon over the dish and top off with more minced parsley and a side of tzatziki sauce
Ingredients (Serves Two)
- 4 tbsp butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
- tzatziki sauce
- 1 lemon slice
Quick Notes About the Meal:
Save for the Week: For your meal planning needs, you can season the chicken ahead of time (this tastes the best when fresh), and even mince your garlic and parsley to get the tedious slicing out of the way. You can also chop and season extra veggies to serve this meal throughout the week.
Leftovers: Refrigerate this meal in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. If you have a handy dandy air fryer (I’m now that person who no longer believes in microwaves), you can easily reheat or air-fry this meal back to detectability.
Have you tried this Mediterranean Chicken Bowl recipe before? How did you like it? Would you make it for family and friends? Drop a note in the comments!